Friday, August 12, 2011

My solution to society's woes is simple: dissolve governments and highlight consumer-business relationship?

If I want to keep my family safe, I pay money to a group of people who does policing work. If I demand compensation for contract violations, I pay money to a group of people doing arbitration work and can subsequently help retrieve money owed to me. Let the market work freely. But this is different from traditional capitalism. This is ethical capitalism. I will not give money to hooligans to do policing work. Even if they are the most effective and efficient around. I will not give money to cheap corruptible kangaroo courts because I would not want them to screw others up. But why would I bother being this moral? Because I've given money to philosophers.

No comments:

Post a Comment