Friday, August 12, 2011

Childbirth pain?

Contractions are horrible cramps. I don't fully understand #2, I had way more than 10 contractions if that's what you mean. Epidural, greatest thing in the medical world!!! I think you have to be 4 cm as well, the only think that sucks with an epidural, if your not laying right, the medication will pool in one area (my right cheek) I'm not kidding, the pain kept coming back so they had to keep telling me to change positions and sticking pillows under my . Then after an argument with the nurse, she took my epidural emergency on away (grrr!). Luckily that meanie ended her shift and a nice nurse gave me my on back. You don't feel pain when the baby is coming down, just a lot of pressure, it feels like your going to have a bowel movement but when the head actually comes out you can feel a burning sensation (called the "ring of fire"). Even an epidural couldn't mask that part and that was with both of my children. Best of luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment