Saturday, August 13, 2011

This question is for greeks and more importantly greek citizens..?

This question is for greek citizens.. My mother is 25% greek my great great grandparent were born in greece there fethers fought for greek independance against the Ottomans. I have there ellis island tickets and there names.. Myself i guess you consider me 12.5 % greek.. its not much but i wanna apply for greek citizenship and return to the motherland. I do not speak greek, although my grandma was baptized in the greek church, she is dieing and im wondering would i be elgible for greek citizenship? Would i be looked down upon in greece for being 'mixed'. One more question i am Gay, is that huge issue over there. I understand i dont speak greek but i can learn and with my mother sick and my grandmother dieing ive decided to regrow ties to the land the tal about so much and the nationality they identify with. My father is of german and english descant, and my papu married an irish/english women and than i have swedish form my moms dad. Would someone give me insight if this might be a lost cuase or maybe i have hope on getting anywhere with the greek government?

No comments:

Post a Comment